Mastercard/Ethoca’s Logo Acquisition Program
- Where will my brand mark/logo be displayed?
Merchant brand marks/logos will be linked to corresponding transactions in the digital banking applications of participating card issuers (banks, credit unions, etc.) around the world.
The exact location of the logo will vary depending on the design of the financial institution’s application. But typically, it will be immediately beside a purchase in the cardholder’s list of transactions.
- Are there any costs involved?
There are no costs associated with sharing your brand mark/logo and participating in this initiative.
- Does this solution work for Mastercard transactions only?
No, it covers credit and debit transactions from leading card brands. This includes Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover and more.
- When will my logo be viewable in digital banking applications?
The availability of your logo in digital banking applications is dependent on solution readiness with individual financial institutions.
- What criteria must be met for my logo to be accepted?
• The submitted logo should be very similar to that on the URL provided.
• The URL provided must be publicly accessible and not a social media URL
- I don’t have a website for my business – can I still submit a logo?
At this time, we are only accepting logos for merchants who have a public facing website.
- Can all types of merchants participate?
All merchants can take part in this initiative.
- Is it restricted to specific regions?
This is a global initiative and there are no regional restrictions.
- What are the benefits of participating?
Merchants can benefit in several ways.
• Improved customer experience
By providing a visual cue for easy purchase recall, you save customers from the frustrating dispute and chargeback process.
• Increased brand presence/impressions
Your brand mark/logo will be viewed whenever your customers review their online statements.
• Fewer incidents of friendly fraud
Ethoca/Aite Group research indicates that 25% of friendly fraud is caused by simple transaction confusion. By including your brand mark/logo, you give customers a clear visual cue that demonstrates who the merchant is – eliminating confusion and
stopping friendly fraud.
• A reduction in chargebacks
With fewer disputes and incidents of friendly fraud, you’ll enjoy fewer costly chargebacks.
- Are there restrictions on the types of logos that can be submitted?
Logos should not include content that is offensive, insensitive, upsetting, intended to disgust or in exceptionally poor taste. Examples include:
• Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
• Logos which contain realistic portrayals of people or animals being killed, maimed, tortured, or abused, or content that encourages violence.
• Logos which contain overtly sexual or pornographic material.
• Logos which contain inflammatory religious commentary or inaccurate or misleading quotations of religious texts.
• Business cards are not considered logos
- Who has the authority to approve the use of our company’s logo?
Only the owner or authorized licensor of the entire right, title, and interest in the brand mark/logo has the right to authorize its use in this initiative. If unsure – and where applicable – please refer to your legal or marketing departments for guidance.
- What format does the brand mark/logo need to be in?
The acceptable formats are JPG, PNG and SVG. Other file formats will be rejected.
- What is the size limit for the brand mark/logo?
The file size must be less than 5MB.
- How do I update my logo in the future?
Head to the online form, fill in the information (as before) and upload the updated logo. We will ensure that it replaces your previous submission.
- What if I have many sub brands? How will logos for those transactions be managed?
Please reach out to email@example.com with the details and we will attempt to assist.
- What do I do if I no longer want to participate?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue and we can remove you from the project.